Hi Beta testers,
If you’ve signed up for the beta program, you will receive an email from the MarketPlace within the next 3 hours, with descriptions on how to install 7Pass 3.3 beta on your phone.
Link to download the beta: zune://navigate/?appid=952b8d43-8d6a-40e1-8df0-98429d059477.
In case you’ve not received any email from the MarketPlace but you’re sure that you’ve signed up for the beta, please try installing using that link. Your live ID has to be the email your signed up for the beta.
Please also note that I’m not accepting new beta testers for the 3.3 Beta. You can still sign up if you’ve not done so for the next beta.
A short demo of the upcoming fields view/edit feature.
Please don’t hesitate to voice your feedback in the comments of this post so that I can improve it further.
The previous field editing UI is too troublesome. I tried to squeeze too many feature into the screen, which requires more taps for user to perform common tasks, and hides the most needed value at the same time.
I’ve came up with an alternative UI that is easier to use, with bars of the left to guide use of the pair of field name and value.
Thanks for your comments.
My progress with SkyDrive integration is really good. I couldn’t imagine the Live Connect SDK Technical Preview is that easy to use.
Since the SDK is not ready for productive usage yet, I’ll only provide this version as a feature preview release, which normally comes as a .xap file.
This time, however, I’d want to make use of the MarketPlace beta program, which:
- Allow users without an developer unlocked device to join, meaning any one of you can join to install it on your device. It’ll be absolutely free, separated from the stable 7Pass releases.
- The beta doesn’t need to go through the normal certification progress, meaning no delay after I submit the beta.
- You’ll certainly need to be on Mango as 7Pass now only supports Mango.
- Please note that I don’t have a beta version ready yet, but if you subscribes, you’ll be notified when a beta is ready.
If you’re on Mango and would want to be on the bleeding edge (it’s sharp, so be careful with your database), or just simply want to use SkyDrive no matter what, please sign up here
Update: Please note that this update is only available for Mango devices only, thus, you won’t see the 3.2 version in MarketPlace if you’re not on Mango.
7Pass 3.2 should be now available in all MarketPlaces, for both free and non-free version.
Aside from changes in the Beta version, I’ve added the support for protection settings for entry title and username. That means if you specify that title, username or password should be protected, it will be displayed with asterisks in 7Pass until you tap on it.
- To change these settings in KeePass: Open your database, then go to menu File\Database Settings, then Protection tab.
- Please note that username will still be displayed with entry name in Group details page, even if you specify that it should be protected.
URL and Notes protection doesn’t make sense for 7Pass yet, therefore, no support yet.
Next version of 7Pass is already in development:
- Support for SkyDrive using Live Connect SDK. I’m not sure if Microsoft will allow productive usage of the SDK by the time next 7Pass is ready yet, but nevertheless, I’ll just get SkyDrive support to be ready so that we can support SkyDrive as soon as the SDK is ready for production.
- A less contrast background image. I receive a lot of requests for using a little less intrusive color theme to make it easier for the user’s eye.
- German translation, and possibly even more. My apology to nthobois for not make use of his translation for so long. I guess I’ll have to find some better way to make the translation easier for users to contribute.
- Support for attachments. I’ve actually had this implemented, with a text and image viewer. It’s quite useful actually, but this feature causes 7Pass to takes longer and using more memory to load the database. I guess I’ll have to improve the caching and attachments parsing before this feature can be included.
Please also voice your request for new features/enhancement here in case I forgot it.
7Pass 3.2 Beta 2 is now available on GitHub. Please download it using the following link:
Changes since Beta 1:
- Password is now displayed as asterisks when it’s not focused. Tapping on the password box will still show and select the password for copying to database or editing.
- Display fields in 2 lines for more room for field value.
- Easier Notes textbox scrolling.
- Refresh group items only when necessaries.
- Group notes are now displayed with group name. No modification support yet.
- Display last modified time in Download pages (DropBox and WebDAV).
- Promoted Box.net to a button in WebDAV login page.
Hi 7Pass users,
7Pass 3.2 Beta 1 is now available on GitHub. Please download it using the following link:
Starting from this build, 7Pass is targeted for Windows Phone 7.5, with the following new features:
- Added pinning of database. You can now pin your database as a Live Tile in your home screen, instead of always have to start 7Pass and select your database.
- Added navigation transition animations, for a more pleasure 7Pass usage.
- Display username together with Entry name in Group view, instead of notes.
The Group view has also been tweaked to display more items in one screen.
- Improved password generation page, group view and entry view. Most used actions are now moved to Application Bar for easy access.
- Fixed Analytics page grammar.
- Allow entering line breaks in Notes box of the Entry page.
- Automatically remove “.kdbx” prefix when download new database.
- Other fixes from user error report.
7Pass 3.1 contains fixes for most of the common problems reported by the users for 7Pass 3.0:
- System.NotSupportedException: The URI prefix is not recognized.
- System.NotSupportedException: NotSupportedException.
- System.InvalidOperationException: Not allowed to call Show() when a navigation is in progress.
- System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Invalid cross-thread access.
- System.ArgumentNullException: Value can not be null, Parameter name: Text.
- KeePass.Utils.QuitException: QuitException.
- System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
First and foremost, please excuse me for the large number of errors in 7Pass 3.0. The introduction of database modification also brought along lots of new code, and errors. I’m sorry for this inconvenient and thanks for you all for reporting bugs to me, some even includes the steps to reproduce the issue, making fixing them so much faster and easier.
There’s technically no new feature in 3.1, just bug fixes to ensure everyone has a smooth, pleasant 7Pass experience.
MarketPlace testers are already testing 7Pass 3.1, let’s hope that it’ll be out on the MarketPlace soon. Thank you all again for the support and have a pleasant 7Pass experience.