I’ve received repeated issues with 7Pass not able to open the database.
The error descriptions:
Operation not permitted on IsolatedStorageFileStream.
Value can not be null.
Parameter name: entry
(You can see this description with more details if you allow 7Pass to prepare an email, which you can send to me or just to take a look).
I was not able to reproduce this issue, and have added safe guards for this errors through out updates of 7Pass. The problem is, I don’t really know what caused these issues. I certainly cannot ask the user for the database. Trying with a new database works, so I’m not sure why.
I’d love to find out this issue, so please leave a comment if you have these errors:
- Does it occurs consistently with your database, meaning you simply cannot open your database at all? Or it only occur once in a while?
- Did you interrupt 7Pass while it’s processing your database?
Ex: You taped on open, and then while 7Pass is processing, you tap home/back.
- Did you set any customization of the encryption/compression of the database?
Some users reported that he uses a 1 second delay key transformation, which produces a number of key transformation rounds that takes the phone much longer to perform compared to your PC.
- Can you open the same database with KeePass on Windows? Please make sure it’s the same file, by downloading from the same source and open it. I guess database corruption is very rare, but I just want to be sure.
- Can you please try to create a new database with dummy entries, with the same settings as your database. Please then try to open that database with 7Pass. If the error occurs with this new database, please send it to me (the dummy database, not your database) including the password. This will be very helpful as it will potentially allow me to reproduce the issue.