7Pass 3.0 has reached the Release Candidate milestone, meaning if there’s no major issue, it will be submitted to MarketPlace and all users will be able to update to the 3.0 version.
Changes from Beta version:
- Fixed database conflict handling in WebDAV.
- Fixed WebDAV and DropBox not clearing database modification flag after uploading to server.
- Added folder/file icons for WebDAV navigation page.
- Added handling of incorrect username/password for WebDAV.
- WebDAV list page will now automatically take you back to the login page when listing cannot be done (no reply from server, network errors, invalid username/password, etc…).
- Fixed History list error when a recently used entry was deleted.
For both 7Pass 3.0 and 2.4 users, if you’ve ever encounter any of the following errors, they should be fixed in 7Pass 3.0 RC:
- System.NotSupportedException: The URI prefix is not recognized.
- System.NotSupportedException: NotSupportedException.
- System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
- System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The Authority/Host could not be parsed.
- System.InvalidOperationException: No Fragment support right now.
- System.ArgumentNullException: Value can not be null, Parameter name: entry.
- System.ArgumentNullException: Value can not be null. Parameter name: Text.
- System.NullReferenceException: NullReferenceException.
- System.InvalidOperationException: BackgroundWorker is already running.
Errors not fully fixed:
- System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageException: Operation not permitted on IsolatedStorageFileStream.
The only information know about this error was due to the transformation rounds was too high. I’ve added a check for high number of transformation rounds when you download a database.
- Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value…
For this error, I guess 7Pass was forced exit while writing the database information to the storage. The user is recommended to delete the database and add it again.