7Pass has been using collecting usage data for sometime. However, only since 7Pass 3.2 that the data is really refined and became more meaningful.
Statistics from the month of October (certainly only from those chose to allow usage data collection):
- 7Pass is being started approximately 200 times a day globally.
- There’re 40 new installations of 7Pass everyday.
- Only less than 12% of the time a database is opened that user choose to save the password. This is interesting as I choose to save password all the time.
- DropBox dominates the database source with 46%, WebDAV at 20%, followed closely by Web with 15%. The rest (19% ) is Demo database.
- 10% is the rate that user choose to use external browser instead of the built in browser.