It’s been sometime that this blog was not updated. I really appreciate that feedback has been very strong even in these uncertain moments.
I’ve received lots of feedback and ideas, suggestions for the next version of 7Pass. I’m not going to abandon 7Pass, it’s just not the moment yet for the next version:
- Windows Store application (for Windows 8): KeePass 2.x is working exceptionally well with Windows 8 on Intel CPU, so I don’t see any reason to port 7Pass to Windows Store yet. Unless Windows RT is final and comes up with some reason that KeePass 2.x cannot be used on it, then I’ll consider porting 7Pass to Windows Store.
- Windows Phone:
- Current 7Pass has reached its limitation, which adding new features and fixing issues has became tedious.
- Windows Phone 7: There will definitely the next version for Windows Phone 7 Mango users, which I am one myself.
- Windows Phone 8: SDK information has been very limited. It’s not a good time for a new version of 7Pass at the moment. The framework is supposed to be easier to develop. SkyDrive seems to no longer restrict file extensions.
- I would want to wait and see how the Windows Phone 8 turns out to be. Let’s see how Clipboard handling, browser sand-boxing, SkyDrive integration, task parallel suport, etc… There are lots of things I’d want to see before deciding which approach should I do for 7Pass vNext.
I hope the Windows Phone 8 will be available soon, and look forward another amazing trip with Windows Phone development.
Thank you all again for constantly remind me that you care. You are all amazing.