7Pass has been received much better than I’ve thought.
To view reviews for 7Pass, please use the great Silverlight tool from Tom Verhoeff.
Q: Will 7Pass provide the feature to modify the database?
7Pass is a reader for KeePass 2.x databases, so the feature to save changes to the database is not a high priority feature right now. I will only consider adding the option to make changes once copy & paste is available for the OS. Without copy & paste, user will tend to use simple and short passwords so that they can type it again. That make me feel very irresponsible and unsecure.
Q: 7Pass cannot open my database, I entered the password then 7Pass flash for a second and show me the password entry page again.
I’m not sure why some users have this issue as I don’t collect usage & error information. In version 1.3, I’ve improved the Password page to tell user exactly what’s wrong:
- It’ll let you know you’ve provided an incorrect password if the hash of your password is not the same as written in the database.
Please note that KeePass can only open databases secured by the master password alone. If you have a database protected with Windows account or keyfile, or in combination other than master password alone, 7Pass will not be able to open you database.
- It’ll let you know if the database is corrupted.
Common causes of file corruption:
- Connection to your server is disconnected/unstable.
- The server is using a HTML page to redirect your browser to the file
- If your password is correct and the file is valid, 7Pass will offer you the option to send me a error report via your email account. The email is careful crafted to not include any of your personal data (except your email address), but you can always modify the email if 7Pass accidentally include your information.
Q: I’ve downloaded the database and 7Pass shows me the Password page. How to download the database again?
Wherever possible, you can click on the “…” button at the bottom right corner to go to Settings page, where can you update your database file.